This is photograph I have clicked during my Sweden visit. It was city center area at Gothenburgh. The view is quite eye pleasing – cold weather, water stream in between roads, surrounded by glowing building. Its worth capturing.
I tried to use built in flash for this photograph but as it was not a strong flash it resulted into light spots on photograph and almost destroyed the photograph. On DSLR Camera Screen it was not much visible but when i reviewed it on laptop screen it was an disappointment.
So I Planned to corrected photograph using Photo editing tools. So below are my DSLR setting while clicking and its Edting Details
Camera Settings for Clicking this Street Photo at Night
- Camera Used: Nikon D3500
- Lens: Nikon: 18-55 mm
- Focal length: 18 mm
- Aperture: F/3.5mm
- Shutter Speed: 1/60s
- ISO: 3200
- Lighting: Only Buildings and Street Lights
- Flash Used: Yes
- Weather: Freezing Cold
- Place: Gothenburgh, Sweden
Scope of Improvement
This photograph would be much more better if I would have used tripod stand to stabilize camera, use ISO to half, didnt used Flash and lower down shutter speed than 1/10s. These settings would have reduced need for editing.
Photo Editing Tutorial for Night Street Photography – Photoshop
- Duplicate the Layer
- Click on Image Menu > Auto Tone
- Click on Filter Menu > Camera Raw filter
- Using Adjustment Brush tool in camera raw filter, Mask the Sky and Reduce Exposure, Shadows, Highlights, Contrast and Whites to -100
- Increase the Overall Temperature of the Image
- Select the Building area using Adjustment Brush and Increase exposure, Contrast, Highlights. Reduce Shadows and Black .
- Do Noise Reduction in building Area
- Similar Settings Needs to be done for Water Area.
- Now Using HSL Settings, Increase Orange & Yellow Hue and Saturation
- In Split Toning, Select Orange Color Highlights and Shadows and Increase its saturation a bit.
- Click OK and Save your Image